Utilizing Years of Experience Representing Business Law Clients
From inception to dissolution and everywhere in between, understanding the legalities of owning a business while minimizing liability can be daunting. New York business attorney, Bruce A. Hubbard, counsels executives and owners of for-profit and nonprofit entities regarding business and commercial matters including contracts, business formation, real estate, employee relations and a wide range of additional transactional matters.
Attorney Bruce Hubbard provides detailed legal services to small and mid-sized businesses, Bruce can help you use the law to your advantage in the fast-moving, competitive business environment.
Contact Mr. Hubbard today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
Call 646-502-9722 today to arrange your initial consultation.
Attorney Bruce A. Hubbard
- New York
Admitted To The Bar:
- Harvard Law School, J. D. 1972
- Rutgers College, B. A. History 1969
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association, Member, Committee on Judicial Selection, (1988-1993)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York; Committee on State Courts of Superior Jurisdiction, (1988-1991); Committee on State Legislation, (1991-1993)
- Committee on African Affairs, (1994-2000)
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association of New York City, Board of Directors, (1990-1993)
- New York State Bar Association, House of Delegates, (1978-1980)
- Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division, First Judicial Department, Member, Committee to Investigate the Character and Fitness of Applicants for Admission, (1994-Present)
- New York County Democratic Committee, Administrator, Independent Judicial Screening Panel, New York State Supreme Court, (1994)
- Trustee, The King & Low-Heywood Thomas School, (1985-1991)
- Trustee, Community Service Society of New York, Investments and Chair, Board of Trustees, (1989-2004)
- Member, Board of Managers of The Episcopal Mission Society in the Diocese of New York, (1989-2001)
- Trustee, Chi Psi Educational Trust, (1992-2000)
- Board of Overseers, Rutgers University Foundation, (1993-2007)
- Board of Directors, the Fund for Modern Courts, (1996-2006)
- Board of Directors, the Community’s Bank, Compensation and Audit Committees, (2001-2009)
- Board of Trustees, Union Baptist Church, (2005-Present)
- Board of Directors, Union Social Services Corporation, (2004-2007)
- Counsel to cooperative and condominium boards for all contracts, litigation, regulatory agency cases and construction matters.
- Counsel for plaintiff in a Sarbanes-Oxley securities fraud, racial discrimination and whistle-blowing civil action in the S. D. N. Y.
- Counsel for employee vs. investment bank in arbitration dispute over compensation, severance and discrimination before the N. A. S. D.
- Counsel to New York City jewelry manufacturer vs. E. P. A. with respect to settlement of dispute related to violations of regulations regarding the emission of toxic chemicals into the NYC Sewer System.
- Counsel to H. D. F. C. vs. partner in dispute over ownership of air rights for construction of new facility above existing structure in NYC.
- Negotiated agreement between client, advertising agency and sub-agency for marketing and advertising services for product in a specific market.
- Preparation and negotiating of commercial leases for clients as landlord and tenant.
- Preparation of Owner/Architect Agreements, review of plans and specifications and bids.
- Preparation and negotiation of Owner/Contractor Agreements.
- Representation of numerous clients in defense before state and federal administrative and regulatory bodies.
- Representation of client in start-up franchise restaurant business with negotiation of franchise agreement, territory agreement, site locations agreements, financing and business organization.