Top Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement Lawyers Near You
Find Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement Attorneys Located in Popular Cities
Find Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement Attorneys by State
How Can a Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement Attorney Help?
Injured patients who have suffered due to their Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement surgery should speak with a Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement attorney immediately to learn of all potential legal options. Receiving a professional evaluation of your potential legal claim against Smith & Nephew PLC will help you learn of your legal options.
You have rights and could potentially receive compensation for your pain and suffering. An experienced attorney will help you protect your rights. Even though the manufacturer may offer you compensation, it may not take into account or compensate for future medical care or time off work and pain and suffering.
How Much Does A Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement Attorney Cost?
There is no set amount an attorney will charge to represent you. This amount will depend on a number of factors such as:
- The region/state you live in.
- The amount your attorney will have to travel.
- The likelihood that your lawsuit will end up in litigation. If your lawsuit must be litigated, it will be more costly for you because your attorney will have to spend more time researching, taking depositions of expert witnesses, and the like.
Luckily, most attorneys offer free initial consultations. If you have suffered injuries from Smith & Nephew’s R3 Acetabular Hip Replacement System, you should consult with a Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement Attorney to analyze your case. If your attorney determines that you have a valid legal claim, they will most likely agree to represent you based upon a contingency fee basis.
What Do I Need to Prove in My Claim Against Smith & Nephew?
To prevail against Smith & Nephew, the Manufacturer of the R3 Acetabular Hip Replacement System, for a product liability case, you will need to prove a number of elements as follows.
- You will need to show that Smith & Nephew’s R3 Acetabular hip replacement system was defective.
- You will need to prove that the hip replacement system was the cause of your injury.
- You will need to prove that you suffered damages as a result of the defective hip replacement system.
A qualified products liability attorney will be able to assist you in your lawsuit against Smith & Nephew by providing you with their invaluable experience and knowledge of the law.
What Types of Compensation Can I Collect after Being Injured by Smith & Nephew’s R3 Acetabular Hip Replacement System?
The compensation you receive for the injuries you have suffered from the manufacturer of a defective product will depend on whether your lawsuit case goes to trial or you agree to settle the lawsuit outside of court. If you decide to file a lawsuit and are successful you will be entitled to the following damages:
- Compensatory damages: Compensatory damages are monetary awards to place you in the position you were in prior to the injury. Compensatory damages (also known as economic damages) help you recover your medical bills, funeral expenses, future or past wages, loss of consortium, and pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages are awarded to punish the wrongdoer. If punitive damages are awarded against Smith & Nephew, it will be to punish them for their wrongdoing.
Have Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement Class Action Lawsuits Been Filed?
There are no class action lawsuits against Smith & Nephew. However, the injuries sustained by patients using Smith & Nephew’s R3 Acetabular hip replacement system are similar to the injuries sustained by patients who have used other defective metal-on-metal hip replacement devices. It would be beneficial to speak to a qualified product liability attorney to determine if you have a valid legal claim against Smith & Nephew.
Under What Legal Theory Can Smith & Nephew Be Sued?
If the court finds that Smith & Nephew placed an unsafe product into the stream of commerce, which was used for its intended purpose and thereafter injured the person using it, the person injured by the defective product may sue Smith & Nephew under the theory of products liability.