Employment Law -- Employee

I Didnt Get My Final Paycheck. What Can I Do?

The first thing to do is ask the employer why you haven’t received your final check. If the employer refuses to give you your final check, you may choose one of three options to obtain your wages:

  • Obtain the services of a private attorney.
  • File a claim in small claims court (for up to $4,000).
  • File a wage claim with L&I (if your claim is under $5,000).

The wage claim form is available at any of L&I’s 22 statewide offices. Read the information provided with the form, fill it out and return it to L&I.