Students 14 and 15 years of age may NOT be employed:
- during school hours, except as provided for in work experience and career exploration programs.
- before 7:00 a.m. or after 7:00 p.m. except from June 1 through Labor Day when evening hours are extended to 9:00 p.m.
- more than 3 hours a day on a school day.
- more than 18 hours a week in a school week.
- more than 8 hours a day on a nonschool day.
There are no hour or time restrictions for students 16 years of age or over.
Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: