Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Work?
Students 14 and 15 years of age may NOT be employed:
- during school hours, except as provided for in work experience and career exploration programs.
- before 7:00 a.m. or after 7:00 p.m. except from June 1 through Labor Day when evening hours are extended to 9:00 p.m.
- more than 3 hours a day on a school day.
- more than 18 hours a week in a school week.
- more than 8 hours a day on a nonschool day.
There are no hour or time restrictions for students 16 years of age or over.