Lawyers are ready to help during these stressful times. Schedule your consultation >

Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I Claim Weekly Benefits?

Each week you are unemployed and want to claim benefit payments, you must certify that you:

  • are unemployed or working reduced hours;
  • are able and available for work;
  • have not refused any job offers or referrals to a job;
  • are actively looking for work (unless waived); and
  • are reporting any pay or private pension you may be receiving.

To file your weekly­continued claim by telephone, just call the continued claims reporting system at (800) 850­5627 (outside the Des Moines area) or 281­6231 (in the Des Moines calling area). An Interactive Voice Response unit (IVR) will answer and will ask you the eligibility questions one at a time.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer — as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources