What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Referee's Decision?

If there is still a disagreement, any party may appeal to the Unemployment Insurance Appeal Board. The appeal must be filed to the Board within 10 days of the mailing date on the Referee’s decision. You must be specific as to your reasons for the appeal. Filing procedures are the same as those for the Lower Authority Appeals Unit.

The Appeal Board makes the final administrative review of your appeal. The Board does not hold hearings on every appeal request. Most cases are settled based upon a review of the formal record of the Referee Hearing, the Referee’s Decision and the pertinent law.

A decision made by the Appeal Board may be appealed to Superior Court The Appeal Board will advise you on how to file such an appeal at the time you receive its decision.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles