What do I do if our home is damaged in a hurricane or natural disaster?

You should keep contact information for your insurance agent on hand, so that you can contact him or her as soon as possible if you need to file a claim. You typically need to report losses to your insurance company within sixty (60) days of the loss. If you need to have emergency repairs made in order to prevent further damages, be sure to keep documentation and receipts for the costs of those repairs, and utilize reputable, experienced companies to do any needed repairs. Document any damages by taking photographs if possible.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Related Topics In This Section