If my home is destroyed and needs to rebuilt, will my homeowners' insurance cover the building permits needed under local laws?

Ordinance or law coverage is a specific type of homeowner’s insurance coverage that covers all necessary costs of rebuilding or repairing your home as required by local laws or ordinances. Thus, if your contractor needs a building permit to repair damage to your home, your homeowner’s insurance policy should cover the cost of the permit if your policy contains ordinance or law coverage. 

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Related Topics In This Section

Insurance Videos

Attorneys For Medical Professionals