Lawyers are ready to help during these stressful times. Schedule your consultation >

Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Types Of Resident Licenses Are Offered In Kansas?

The Kansas Insurance Department grants the following types of resident licenses.

Licenses Requiring an Examination

  • Life 1
  • Accident and Health
  • Property and Allied Lines 1
  • Casualty and Allied Lines 1
  • Personal Lines (Available after July 1, 2001)
  • Crop Only
  • Title Only
  • Bail Bond Only 2

1 May be taken as individual examinations or in combined examinations of Life, Accident and Health, or Property, Casualty and Allied Lines.
2 Bail bond agents are required to pass the Kansas Laws and Regulations examination only.

Licenses Not Requiring an Examination

  • Variable Contracts 1
  • Travel
  • Auto Club 2
  • Viatical Settlement 2
  • Reinsurance Intermediary 2
  • Excess Lines

1 Variable contracts agents must have NASD registration and a life agent license, but no separate exam is required.
2 Contact the Kansas Insurance Department for instructions and application forms.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification