After I Complete My Continuing Education Hours, Do I Need To Send The Certificates To The California Department Of Insurance?

No, it is the provider`s responsibility to submit the credits to the California Department of Insurance. Do not send your certificate, or copies of the certificate, even if your renewal form indicates you are deficient in hours. The certificate is for your records and you should retain it for at least five years. The California Department of Insurance must enter the hours from the provider`s roster.

To check your continuing education hours, you may call the 24­hour Interactive Voice Response System at (800) 967­9331or (916) 322­3555 to hear your hours and/or receive a FAX of those hours; or you may visit the License Status Inquiry Web Page for on­line license status information. Inquiries should be made 60 days after the course completion date.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources