What If The Non-Custodial Parent Moves To Another State?

If the non­custodial parent moves out of New Jersey, the Child Support Agency will be able to get an out­of­state employer to take the support amount from his or her wages. If this doesn`t work, you need to file a petition asking that the other state enforce your support order through its courts. The local office will let you know if this is necessary, and it will help you file the papers. Although there is no cost for filing the petition, some states charge a small fee for processing payments and may deduct it from the collection before it is sent to you.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles