The Father Of My Child Has Left The United States. How Can I Get My Court Order For Child Support Enforced?

Check with your local and state child support enforcement agency. Many state child support enforcement agencies have agreements with foreign countries to recognize child support judgments made in either country. You will need the same kind of information as is required for enforcement in this country and as much specific address information as you can find. If the non­custodial parent works for an American company, wage withholding may work even if the country he lives in does not have any agreement to enforce a United States court order.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles