As Soon As The Father Of My Children Is Notified About Enforcement, He Moves. How Will I Ever Be Able To Collect My Support?

Many custodial parents feel angry when, after the non­custodial parent is finally located and served notice of the enforcement action, he or she then moves on. Unquestionably, it is difficult to enforce child support payments when the non­custodial parent intentionally and continually moves to avoid paying. You may want to suggest that papers be served at the parent`s place of work, then try to keep track of the parent`s movements afterwards. Try to be an active participant in your case. Whenever you learn that the non­custodial parent has moved or has a new job, you should bring this information to the attention of your enforcement caseworker as soon as possible.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles