What To do When An Action For Child Support Is Served Upon You

When the FSD or local child support agency brings a legal action against the non­custodial parent for child support, he/she may discuss the matter with a FSD or local child support agency representative by calling or visiting the FSD or local child support agency. A telephone number and address will be provided with the papers that are served on the non­custodial parent.

Remember that the District Attorney does not represent the non­custodial parent, custodial party, the child(ren) in the case, or any other individual. The District Attorney represents the public interest in all cases.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles