Skip to main content

Lemon Law

Search for an Attorney  

What Records Do I Need For Arbitration?

You must submit copies of your purchase or lease agreement and title/registration documents. If you are a subsequent owner, you should also submit a title history for the vehicle and/or the original owner`s documents. You must submit copies of your vehicle`s repair orders when you request an arbitration. If you did not receive repair orders or did not keep your copies, see the next question, How do I get documents?.

Each time you take your vehicle to a dealership for warranty services, you have the right to receive a fully itemized and legible repair order or written statement from the dealer. Among other requirements, the repair order or statement must identify the problem(s) you are experiencing with your vehicle, diagnosis, work done, the in and out mileage on the vehicle, and the dates the vehicle was in the repair shop.

You are entitled to receive a copy of any report or computer reading regarding inspection, diagnosis, or test­drive of your vehicle from the dealer or manufacturer upon request. In addition, you are entitled to copies of any technical service bulletins regarding the year, make and model of your vehicle. Technical service bulletins are sent to service departments by the manufacturer. Service bulletins describe particular problems which are occurring in certain vehicles and how to diagnose and repair them.