Fiancé Visas

Are you engaged to a non-citizen? You can bring your fiancé to the United States to get married by filing a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Office. The fiancé visa program, or K-1 visa, allows non-citizens to come to the United States with their citizen fiancés, under certain conditions. The marriage must take place within 90 days of entering the U.S. and the couple may be interviewed by the USCIS to show that the marriage is legitimate and not solely for the purpose of gaining entry into the United States.

Once the application is approved, it is valid for four months, during which time the foreign fiancé may travel to the United States. The petition can also be extended, however if your fiancé(e) intends to live and work permanently in the United States, your fiancé(e) should apply to become a permanent resident after your marriage.

Speak to an Experienced Immigration Attorney Today

When it comes to immigration and whether you can live and work where you want, every detail matters. When the slightest paperwork error or missed deadline can mean years of delays, it is essential to do things right the first time. An experienced immigration lawyer can address your particular needs with immigration, and put you in the best position for a positive outcome. Take the first step now and contact a local immigration attorney to discuss your rights and specific situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Immigration attorney today.

Additional Immigration Articles

Search LawInfo's Immigration Resources

Related Topics In This Section