What Are The Grounds For Divorce In Oklahoma?
Oklahoma recognizes the following 12 grounds for divorce:
- Abandonment for one year;
- When the wife, at the time of marriage, was pregnant with another man’s child;
- Extreme cruelty;
- Fraudulent contract;
- Habitual drunkenness;
- Gross neglect of duty;
- Imprisonment of the other part in a state or federal penal institution under sentence thereto for the commission of a felony at the time the petition is filed;
- The procurement of a final divorce decree from another state by a husband or wife which does not in Oklahoma release the other party from the obligations of marriage; and
- Insanity for a period of 5 years.