How Do I Apply For An Itin?

To obtain an ITIN, you must complete IRS Form W­7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. You may complete and sign a Form W­7 for a minor dependent. However, other dependents and spouses must complete and sign their own Forms W­7. The Form W­7 requires documentation substantiating foreign/alien status and true identity for each individual. If you, your spouse and/or dependents need ITINs, you may submit separate Forms W­7 and documentation at the same time. You may mail the documentation, along with the Form W­7, to the Philadelphia Service Center, present it at IRS walk­in offices, or process your application through Acceptance Agent authorized by the IRS.

Speak to an Experienced Tax Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified tax lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Tax attorney today.

Additional Tax Articles

Related Topics In This Section