What Notification Is Required When A Child Is Placed For Adoption?
Both the person who intends to receive the child and the person who intend to place the child for adoption must, at least 14 days before such receipt or placement of the child, notify the child and family services agency or an adoption agency having jurisdiction in the area where the prospective adoptive parent resides, in proper form, which notification shall include the following information:
- name and birthdate of the child, or in the case of an unborn child, the expected date of birth;
- the names and addresses of the parents of the child;
- the name and address of the prospective adoptive parent(s);
- the address where the child resides, if applicable; and
- the name, occupation and address of any person who arranged or assisted in the proposed adoption.