Folsom Labor and Employment Law Firm
We represent employees who have not been paid the full wages, including overtime pay, meal break pay, commissions, bonuses, vacation pay, expense reimbursements and other sums that their employers owe them. In appropriate cases, we also have sought penalties for Labor Code violations, including the failure to pay employees on time upon termination or during the course of their employment.
Additionally, we have served as counsel on behalf of consumers who have paid their hard-earned money for products that are defective or do not deliver as promised. One such case from the financial sector involved “callable certificates of deposit,” financial instruments that tricked seniors into parting with their access to their savings for far longer than the time periods typically associated with traditional bank time deposit accounts.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Class actions representing employees and consumers
- Securities arbitration / investment disputes
Call Scot Bernstein today at 916-546-1130 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Scot D. Bernstein
- Mr. Bernstein recently was elected to the board of directors of the California Employment Lawyers Association (“CELA”), an association of nearly one thousand attorneys dedicated to representing employees in employment disputes. He currently co-chairs CELA’s Legislative Committee and serves actively on its Wage and Hour Committee as well. In 2009, Mr. Bernstein completed eleven years as a director of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association ("PIABA"), a national association of attorneys dedicated to the representation of investors in disputes with the securities industry. He served three years as PIABA’s treasurer and has served on and chaired and continues to serve on a number of PIABA committees. He has given continuing legal education lectures to CELA, the North American Securities Administrators Association, PIABA and other professional groups on employees’ rights under the wage and hour laws and on investors’ rights and remedies. He is a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association (“NELA”) as well.
- Mr. Bernstein studied engineering and economics at UCLA, where he received his bachelor’s degree Magna Cum Laude in 1977 and was an officer of the UCLA chapter of Tau Beta Pi, the engineering honors society. He was a member of Omicron Delta Epsilon (economics honors society) and Phi Beta Kappa as well. He received his Juris Doctor degree at Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California at Berkeley, in 1980.
Honors and Awards:
- Mr. Bernstein was selected as a Northern California Superlawyer in 2010 and 2011.