Skip to main content

H-2B Temporary Worker Visa

Full Video Transcript

The H-2B temporary worker visa allows foreign workers to enter the U.S. temporarily to engage in non-agricultural employment that is either seasonal, intermittent, a peak load need, or a one-time occurrence. The key to this type of visa is that the employer must establish its need for the prospective worker’s services or labor is temporary, regardless of whether the underlying job can be described as permanent or temporary. Additionally, to protect U.S. workers, the employer must demonstrate that there are not sufficient U.S. workers who are able, willing, qualified and available to do the temporary work, and that the employment will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers. The H-2B visa is issued for the amount of time that the employer proved their need of H-2B. However, this normally does not exceed 10 months to a year. To learn more about this type of visa, contact an immigration attorney in your area.

Was this helpful?

Additional H-2B Visa Videos