Skip to main content

After a Criminal Conviciton

Full Video Transcript

How an Attorney Can Help After a Conviction

You’ve been convicted of a crime — now what? Whether you pled guilty or a jury of your peers found you guilty, your criminal conviction may leave you feeling at a loss. Fortunately, the right attorney can help lessen the blow. After a criminal conviction, a criminal defense attorney can file a motion for a new trial or to withdraw a guilty plea. Depending on the circumstances, an attorney may be able to appeal your conviction. If you are worried about the effects of a criminal conviction on your record on your future job opportunities, an attorney may be able to clear your record. Finally, in some circumstances, a lawyer may be able to get the court to modify the terms of your sentence or request probation instead of jail time.

Was this helpful?

Additional Appeals Videos