Atlanta Workers' Compensation Lawyers
With Over 90 Years of Combined Experience
When someone is injured on the job, it is one of the most difficult times of their lives. You are in pain and without the ability to earn the same wages as before. One would hope that the employers and the insurance companies would have your best interests at heart but they don't. The system is hard to navigate. The insurance companies routinely deny claims, delay your access to medical treatment, fail to pay for reasonable medical care and fail to timely issue income benefits when you are unable to work. The insurance companies like to offer small settlements to manipulate you into giving up your rights for pennies on the dollar. This does not happen to our clients. Our experienced lawyers are here to break that cycle!
Our attorneys are passionate about fighting for the rights of injured workers throughout the state of Georgia. We make it our personal mission to provide personal attention to our clients along with exceptional legal services. The insurance companies have attorneys helping them make decisions to deny your claim or to limit your rights. You absolutely need a lawyer fighting for your rights as well. Do not let the insurance companies take advantage of you or your loved ones. Hire a law firm that goes above and beyond to help you with your case. We will give you direct access to your attorney team and we will fight for you.
Contact us today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Workplace Death
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Herniated Disk Injuries
- Head and Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Repetitive Stress / Repetitive Use Injuries
- Heart Attack & Stroke
- Knee, Ankle, Leg Injury
Call Frank Burns today at 404-303-7770 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney J. Franklin Burns
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court of Northern District of Georgia
- J.D., Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia, 1987
- B.A., University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee, 1982
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- State Bar of Georgia Member Since: 1987
- American Bar AssociationMember Since: 1987
- Georgia Trial AssociationMember Since: 2002
- Atlanta Bar AssociationMember Since: 2002
- Gorby, Reeves, Peters & Burns
- Georgia Trial Lawyers AssociationAppointed Co-Chair of Legislative Committee serving the Georgia Trial Lawyers 2011
- Georgia Trial Lawyers AssociationAppointed by the President of Georgia Trial Lawyers Association to serve on Executive Committee of GTLA 2011
- Legislative Committee of the Advisory CounselAppointed by the Chairman of the State Board of Workers' Compensation to serve on the Legislative Committee of the Advisory Counsel 2010
- Georgia Trial Lawyers AssociationAppointed by the Chairman of the Board to serve on the Political Action Committee 2009
- Publications / Classes / Seminars Taught
- Speaker, "Workplace Injuries: Understanding the Workers' Compensation System," ICLE in Georgia, 2011
- Speaker, "Subrogation In The Workers' Compensation System," Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2010
- Speaker, "How To Fix The Workers' Compensation System," Atlanta Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Section, 2009
- Statutory and Case Law Update in Workers’ Compensation, General Practice Trial Section Institute, Amelia Island, Florida, ICLE, March 14, 2008.
- Ethics Issues in Workers’ Compensation, The Atlanta Claims Association 2008 Seminar
- Workers’ Compensation in Educational Committees, Advanced Workers’ Compensation, Atlanta Bar Association, February 22, 2008
- Ethics and Medical Evidence, Advanced Workers’ Compensation in Georgia. Atlanta, Georgia, February 26, 2008
- Assessed Attorney’s Fees and Penalties, Employer Pit Falls and Protectors, Sterling Educator Services, Inc.
- State Board of Workers’ Compensation Annual Seminar, Atlanta, Georgia, August 29, 2007
- Ethically Developing Medical Evidence-When Do You Cross the Line? Workers’ Compensation Law in Georgia, Henry County Bar Association, Jekyll Island, Georgia. September 2005.
- Five Most Common Injuries in Workers’ Compensation in Georgia, Lorman Education Services, Atlanta, GA, October 2003 & March 2005
- Workers’ Compensation Essentials: Ten Most Repeated Mistakes Made by Claimants’ Lawyers at the Trial of a Case, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. Atlanta, Georgia. September 9, 2004
- Workers’ Compensation Hearings in Georgia: Techniques and Strategies, National Business Institute. Atlanta, Georgia. December 17, 2003
- Workers’ Compensation for the General Practitioner, ICLE. Atlanta, Georgia 1999.
- Advanced Workers’ Compensation in Georgia, National Business Institute. Atlanta, Georgia. 1997
Attorney Shannon D. Rolen
- Georgia Court of Appeals, June 2002
- State Bar of Georgia, 1998
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, GA., 1998
- B.S., Psychology, Kennesaw State College, Marietta, GA., 1994
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Member Since: 2007
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member Since: 2002
- State Bar of Georgia, Member Since: 1998
- February 2008 – Employer Pitfalls in Workers’ Compensation Cases
- May 2003 – Drew, Eckl & Farnham Journal – Johnson v. Publix Supermarkets : Resolving The Long Standing Dispute Over The Positional Risk Doctrine.
- Publisher for Nuts & Bolts Newsletter for Travelers Indemnity Company from 1999-2002. Writer of several articles related to the practice of workers’ compensation for Nuts & Bolts from 1999-2002.
- Classes / Seminars Taught
- February 2008 – Employer Pitfalls in Workers’ Compensation Cases, Sterling Educational Services
- 1999-2002 — Several classes taught for adjusters at Travelers Indemnity Company over a variety of workers’ compensation topics.
- Published Decisions
- Georgia Court of Appeals, Parham v. Swift Transportation Co., Inc. , A08A0472, decided June 18, 2008.
- Charitable Work
- West Cobb Christian Academy, Marietta, GA
2018 – $2.81 million - Catastrophic Brain Injury
2017 – $1.35 million - Catastrophic Traumatic Brain injury
2017 – $925,000 - Personal Injury Roll over Crash - Neck, Shoulder and Back injuries
2017 – $175,000 - Traumatic Brain Injury with light duty work release
2015 – $1.8 million - Catastrophic injuries to both eyes caused by acid
2011 – $230,000 settlement - Head Injury from motor vehicle accident.
2010 – $242,856.00 cash settlement plus $168,819.00 Medicare Set-Aside - Back injury with surgery.
2009 – $80,000 settlement – Neck, Back, Left Shoulder without surgery.
2009 – $130,000 settlement – Right Hand, Left Hand with surgery.
2009 – $100,000 settlement – Back, Hearing loss, Left Shoulder with surgery.
2008 – $180,000 settlement for back injury with surgery
2008 – $121,500 settlement for back injury with surgery recommended
2008 – $115,000 settlement for back injury with surgery and foot drop
2007 – $240,000 settlement for foot injury with RSD Complications.
2004 – $700,000 structured settlement for Traumatic Brain Injury
$142,500 - Chemical burn with lymphadema
$240,000 - Bilateral CRPS injuries to both legs
$175,000 - Neck surgery case
$175,000 - Leg injury with lymphadema complication
Parham v. Swift Transportation
A08A0472, Court of Appeals of Georgia, 2008 Ga. App. Lexis 692; 633 SE2d 769 (2008)
Amedisys Home Health, Inc. v. Howard
A04A2079. , COURT OF APPEALS OF GEORGIA , 269 Ga. App. 656; 605 S.E.2d 60; 2004 Ga. App. LEXIS 1248, September 16, 2004, Decided
Jorisch v. Rhythm Festival
A00A2122. , COURT OF APPEALS OF GEORGIA , 247 Ga. App. 470; 544 S.E.2d 459; 2001 Ga. App. LEXIS 9; 2001 Fulton County D. Rep. 340, January 5, 2001, Decided, Certiorari Applied for. Petition for Certiorari Dismissed June 11, 2001, Reported at: 2001 Ga. LEXIS 487.
Boss v. Food Giant, Inc.
No. A89A1778, Court of Appeals of Georgia, 193 Ga. App. 434; 388 S.E.2d 37; 1989 Ga. App. LEXIS 1475, November 7, 1989, Decided
Wright v. Food Giant, Inc.
No. A90A0444, Court of Appeals of Georgia, 195 Ga. App. 677; 394 S.E.2d 610; 1990 Ga. App. LEXIS 654, May 16, 1990, Decided