Collaborative Law as an Alternative to Litigation
Lawsuits are based on matters in dispute between two or more parties and often end with a winner and a loser, as if it were a game. Collaborative law offers parties to a dispute a way to collaborate together in a problem solving environment outside of the courtroom.
Are You Considering Using Collaborative Law to Resolve a Dispute?
If you have a dispute with another person and want to resolve it as amicably as possible, you both can retain attorneys whose job it will be to help you reach a mutually agreeable conclusion. Contact A Decatur collaborative law attorney today to see if this type of dispute resolution is right for you.
Best Time to Seek Legal Help
No matter what your legal issue may be, it is always best to seek legal help early in the process. An attorney can help secure what is likely to be the best possible outcome for your situation and avoid both unnecessary complications or errors.
What to Expect from an Initial Consultation
- Seek to determine whether the attorney can represent you. There is no one-size-fits-all legal solution and it may turn out your needs are better served by an attorney in a different specialization.
- It's important to find a legal ally who is both competent in the law and someone you can trust to protect your interests.
- Discuss how the practice's billing works and discuss possible additional charges or fees that may arise during or after the resolution of your case.
An attorney consultation should provide you with enough information so that you can make an informed decision on whether to proceed with legal help.
How to Find the Right Attorney
- Determine the area of law that relates to your issue. Attorneys specialize in specific practice areas around legal issues within the broad field of law.
- Seek out recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. A successful attorney or practice will typically have many satisfied clients.
- Set up consultation appointments to get a better understanding of your case as well as gauge your comfort level with different attorneys. Find the attorney who is the right fit for your needs.