Do You Need to Set or Amend Your Child Support?
The amount of child support the noncustodial parent pays each month is determined by the court following state guidelines. They include each parent's income and assets and the amount needed to maintain the children's pre -divorce standard of living.
How a Child Support Lawyer Can Help
Whether initially setting the amount of child support or modifying the court order, the services of A Leesport child support attorney well versed in family law and child support issues can be of great help. The attorney can help you gather documents and personal information to support your contention and advocate your position to the court.
Best Time to Seek Legal Help
No matter what your legal issue may be, it is always best to seek legal help early in the process. An attorney can help secure what is likely to be the best possible outcome for your situation and avoid both unnecessary complications or errors.
Tips on Approaching an Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorney's experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise (or lack of) in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
How to Find the Right Attorney
- Determine the area of law that relates to your issue. Attorneys specialize in specific practice areas around legal issues within the broad field of law.
- Seek out recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. A successful attorney or practice will typically have many satisfied clients.
- Set up consultation appointments to get a better understanding of your case as well as gauge your comfort level with different attorneys. Find the attorney who is the right fit for your needs.