Top Florence, AL Age Discrimination Lawyers Near You
Age Discrimination Lawyers | New York Office | Serving Nationwide
Leading national law firm committed to justice, fiercely advocating for victims of all types of discrimination, with the largest gender discrimination jury verdict in U.S. history.
Se Habla Español
Age Discrimination Lawyers | Florence Office
201 S Court Street, Suite 725, Florence, AL 35630
Florence Age Discrimination Information
Lead Counsel independently verifies Age Discrimination attorneys in Florence and checks their standing with Alabama bar associations.Our Verification Process and Criteria
- Ample Experience Attorneys must meet stringent qualifications and prove they practice in the area of law they’re verified in.
- Good Standing Be in good standing with their bar associations and maintain a clean disciplinary record.
- Annual Review Submit to an annual review to retain their Lead Counsel Verified status.
- Client Commitment Pledge to follow the highest quality client service and ethical standards.
Have You Been Discriminated Against Because of Your Age?
Have you been discriminated against because of your age? If so, it is important to talk to a Florence attorney who can help you understand and decide the merits of your case. Age discrimination is a serious offense and a skilled attorney can help you know your options.
Age Discrimination Legal Rights
Age discrimination involves treating someone less favorably because of their age. Federal law protects individuals age 40 or older. However in some states, age discrimination can be used to describe discrimination against not only senior citizens, but also young people. Age Discrimination is illegal and federal and state law prohibit discrimination against a person based upon their age. An age discrimination attorney can inform you of the laws relevant to you.
What sort of issues can I seek legal help with?
Specialized legal help is available for most legal issues. Each case is unique; seeking legal help is a smart first step toward understanding your legal situation and seeking the best path toward resolution for your case. An experienced lawyer understands the local laws surrounding your case and what your best legal options might be. More importantly, there are certain situations and circumstances – such as being charged with a crime – where you should always seek experienced legal help.
Tips on Approaching an Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorney’s experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise (or lack of) in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
Points to Consider Before Hiring a Lawyer
Experience. Regardless of the type of legal matter you need help with, an experienced attorney will usually be able to get you better results.
Competence. Determine an attorney’s expertise by asking about their track record for the issue you need help with resolving.
Fit. There are plenty of good attorneys out there; make sure you find one you are comfortable working with.
Common legal terms explained
Pro se – This Latin term refers to representing yourself in court instead of hiring professional legal counsel. Pro se representation can occur in either criminal or civil cases.
Statute – Refers to a law created by a legislative body. For example, the laws enacted by Congress are statutes.
Subject matter jurisdiction – Requirement that a particular court have authority to hear the claim based on the specific type of issue brought to the court. For example, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court only has subject matter jurisdiction over bankruptcy filings, therefore it does not have the authority to render binding judgment over other types of cases, such as divorce.