Top Livonia, MI Adoption Lawyers Near You

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

42400 Grand River Ave, Ste 109, Novi, MI 48375

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

27777 Franklin Road, Suite 2500, Southfield, MI 48034

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

6905 Telegraph Rd, Suite 115, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301

17197 N. Laurel Park Drive, Suite 201, Livonia, MI 48152

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

29850 Northwestern Hwy, Ste 250, Southfield, MI 48034

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

28175 Haggerty Rd, 110, Novi, MI 48377

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

33 Bloomfield Hills Pkwy, Suite 125, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

34750 Lahser Road, Southfield, MI 48033

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

44 1st St, Mount Clemens, MI 48043

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

301 West Fourth Street, Suite 430, Royal Oak, MI 48067

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

500 Woodward Avenue, Suite 4000, Detroit, MI 48226-3425

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

39400 Woodward Avenue, Suite 101, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304-5151

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

9042 Lewis Avenue, Suite 5, PO Box 490, Temperance, MI 48182

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

24001 Greater Mack Avenue, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

444 S. Washington Ave, Royal Oak, MI 48067

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

1158 South Main Street, Plymouth, MI 48170

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

48 South Main Street, Suite 3, Mount Clemens, MI 48043

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

PO Box 40250, Redford, MI 48240-0250

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

22600 Hall Rd, Suite 205, Clinton Township, MI 48036

Adoption Lawyers | Serving Livonia, MI

7650 Cooley Lake Rd, PO Box 1015, Union Lake, MI 48387

Ver resultados en español en

Livonia Adoption Information

Lead Counsel Badge

Lead Counsel Verified Attorneys in Livonia

Lead Counsel independently verifies Adoption attorneys in Livonia and checks their standing with Michigan bar associations.

Our Verification Process and Criteria

  • Ample Experience

    Attorneys must meet stringent qualifications and prove they practice in the area of law they’re verified in.
  • Good Standing

    Be in good standing with their bar associations and maintain a clean disciplinary record.
  • Annual Review

    Submit to an annual review to retain their Lead Counsel Verified status.
  • Client Commitment

    Pledge to follow the highest quality client service and ethical standards.

How Can a Lawyer Help Me?

Hiring a lawyer can be an important step in making sure your rights are protected. Lawyers help you navigate the legal system and see that your interests are represented. A lawyer with experience in a specific area of law that relates to your situation can provide an additional level of expertise and support. A lawyer can help you with:

  • Legal counsel and guidance
  • Investigating and gathering evidence
  • Determining liability
  • Evaluating damages
  • Negotiation and mediation
  • Litigation and trial representation
  • Enforcement of orders
  • Filing legal motions

What Are the Top Questions When Choosing a Lawyer?

These questions can help you decide if you feel comfortable and confident that a lawyer has the qualifications, experience, and ability to manage your case well. Many lawyers offer free consultations that allow you to understand your options and get specific legal advice before hiring them. The top questions to ask include:

  • What is your area of expertise?
  • How have you handled cases like mine?
  • What are the potential outcomes of my case?
  • What is the timeline for my case?
  • Are there alternative dispute resolutions available?
  • What are your billing and fee structure?
  • Are you licensed to practice in my state?
  • Do you have access to experts who can support my case?
  • How do you approach evidence collection?
  • What is your approach to negotiations and settlements?
  • What will my involvement be during the process?

Tips for Hiring a Lawyer

Taking the time to find a lawyer who is right for you and will represent your best interests is an important first step in managing your defense and protecting your rights. Find a lawyer who understands your case, knows your needs and goals, and has the experience to get the best outcome. Things to do:

  • Ask for recommendations
  • Research lawyers online
  • Schedule consultations
  • Review experience and expertise
  • Talk about billing and fees
  • Trust your instincts

What Do Judges Look for in Custody Cases?

In every state, family court judges must consider what is in the child’s best interests when determining custody. In most cases, judges emphasize making sure the child will spend ample time with both parents. To make this happen, a judge will likely want to know what each parent’s home environment is like, whether each parent will be able to give a child the proper attention, and which situation the child will be most likely to thrive in.

Who Has Legal Custody of the Child When the Parents Aren’t Married?

If the parents are not married, the child’s biological parents both have parental rights unless the law says otherwise. An exception to this could be if no father is listed on the child’s birth certificate. In that case, the father would have to go through the legal process of establishing paternity to be able to assert his parental rights for visitation.

How Can a Mother Lose Custody of Her Child?

A mother can lose custody of her child in much the same way a father could. This could include abusing the child, abusing drugs or alcohol, providing an unsafe home environment for the child, or abandoning the child.

How Can You Change a Child Custody Order?

If you or your ex are unhappy with the current custody arrangement, you can negotiate a change to your agreement. If a judge feels that the changes are still in the child’s best interests, then they may approve the order. If one of you is pressing ahead with seeking a change and the other parent is contesting it, you will need to prove a “substantial” change in circumstances. This could include one of the parents moving out of state, suffering from a disability or illness that affects their parenting ability, exposing the child to an unsafe environment, or having a change in work circumstances that requires rescheduling of visitation.

Page Generated: 0.1772608757019 sec