Top Ann Arbor, MI Tax Lawyers Near You

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

33 Bloomfield Hills Pkwy, Suite 125, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

28175 Haggerty Rd, 110, Novi, MI 48377

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

31350 Telegraph Rd., Suite 201, Bingham Farms, MI 48025-4366

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

755 W Big Beaver Rd, Suite 750, Troy, MI 48084

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

17197 N. Laurel Park Drive, Suite 201, Livonia, MI 48152

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

39395 West 12 Mile Road, Suite 200, Farmington Hills, MI 48331

Tax Lawyers

315 East Eisenhower Parkway, Suite 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48108

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

30095 Northwestern Hwy, Suite 102, Farmington Hills, MI 48334

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

7125 Orchard Lake Road, Suite 301, West Bloomfield, MI 48322

350 South Main Street, Suite 300, Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

200 Renaissance Center, Suite 3110, Detroit, MI 48243-1301

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

32813 Middlebelt Rd, STE B, Farmington, MI 48334

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

300 Galleria Officentre, Suite 402, Southfield, MI 48034

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

PO Box 511, Hamburg, MI 48139

2001 Commonwealth Blvd, Suite 300, Ann Arbor, MI 48105

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

30150 Telegraph Road, Suite 444, Bingham Farms, MI 48025

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

41000 West 7 Mile Road, Suite 200, Northville, MI 48167

213 S Ashley St, Suite 400, Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

1987 Stonington Court, Rochester, MI 48306

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

10831 S Woodfield Cir, Brighton, MI 48114

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

1111 West Long Lake Road, Suite 202, Troy, MI 48098

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

380 North Old Woodward Avenue, Suite 300, Birmingham, MI 48009

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

1026 West 11 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48067

Tax Lawyers | Serving Ann Arbor, MI

4970 Hardwoods Drive, West Bloomfield, MI 48323

Ver resultados en español en

Ann Arbor Tax Information

Lead Counsel Badge

Lead Counsel Verified Attorneys in Ann Arbor

Lead Counsel independently verifies Tax attorneys in Ann Arbor and checks their standing with Michigan bar associations.

Our Verification Process and Criteria

  • Ample Experience

    Attorneys must meet stringent qualifications and prove they practice in the area of law they’re verified in.
  • Good Standing

    Be in good standing with their bar associations and maintain a clean disciplinary record.
  • Annual Review

    Submit to an annual review to retain their Lead Counsel Verified status.
  • Client Commitment

    Pledge to follow the highest quality client service and ethical standards.

Where Is My Tax Refund?

The IRS now allows you to track the status of your tax refund. In some cases it may take weeks to process and post to your account. If you feel like you deserve a refund but ended up owing taxes, you should consider talking to a tax professional or attorney about whether you have any deductions available to you that you did not take advantage of.

How Do You File for a Tax Extension?

You can file a form requesting an extension through your tax professional, tax software that you use, or on the IRS website. Any filer can request an extension, but when making the request you must estimate your tax liability and pay it, otherwise you could incur late penalties.

What Taxes Do You Owe?

Determining what taxes you owe depends on your situation. Most people owe state and federal income taxes, Social Security taxes, and Medicare taxes. However, if you own a business, your company may also owe sales and payroll taxes.

How Much Tax Do You Pay if You Are Self-Employed?

If you are self-employed, either as an independent contractor or because you own your own business, you will likely need to make quarterly filings of your estimated taxes. This will account for your income, Social Security, and Medicare taxes. If your net earnings are $400 or more, you will typically need to file an income tax return. There are situations where you may have to file even if you make less than that.

What Do Judges Look for in Custody Cases?

In every state, family court judges must consider what is in the child’s best interests when determining custody. In most cases, judges emphasize making sure the child will spend ample time with both parents. To make this happen, a judge will likely want to know what each parent’s home environment is like, whether each parent will be able to give a child the proper attention, and which situation the child will be most likely to thrive in.

Who Has Legal Custody of the Child When the Parents Aren’t Married?

If the parents are not married, the child’s biological parents both have parental rights unless the law says otherwise. An exception to this could be if no father is listed on the child’s birth certificate. In that case, the father would have to go through the legal process of establishing paternity to be able to assert his parental rights for visitation.

How Can a Mother Lose Custody of Her Child?

A mother can lose custody of her child in much the same way a father could. This could include abusing the child, abusing drugs or alcohol, providing an unsafe home environment for the child, or abandoning the child.

How Can You Change a Child Custody Order?

If you or your ex are unhappy with the current custody arrangement, you can negotiate a change to your agreement. If a judge feels that the changes are still in the child’s best interests, then they may approve the order. If one of you is pressing ahead with seeking a change and the other parent is contesting it, you will need to prove a “substantial” change in circumstances. This could include one of the parents moving out of state, suffering from a disability or illness that affects their parenting ability, exposing the child to an unsafe environment, or having a change in work circumstances that requires rescheduling of visitation.

Page Generated: 0.19721007347107 sec