Top Montgomery, AL Tax Lawyers Near You

445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 2040, Montgomery, AL 36104

445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 8040, Montgomery, AL 36104

150 South Perry Street, Montgomery, AL 36102-2069

444 South Perry Street, PO Box 347, Montgomery, AL 36101-0347

445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 9075, Montgomery, AL 36104

One Commerce St, Suite 700, Montgomery, AL 36104

105 Tallapoosa St., Suite 200, PO Box 78, Montgomery, AL 36101-0078

445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 8050, Montgomery, AL 36104

184 Commerce Street, PO Box 270, Montgomery, AL 36101-0270

250 Commerce St, Suite 203, Montgomery, AL 36104

2660 East Chase Lane, Suite 300, Montgomery, AL 36117

RSA Plaza Building, 770 Washington Ave, Suite 150, Montgomery, AL 36104

Ver resultados en español en

Montgomery Tax Information

Lead Counsel Badge

Lead Counsel Verified Attorneys in Montgomery

Lead Counsel independently verifies Tax attorneys in Montgomery and checks their standing with Alabama bar associations.

Our Verification Process and Criteria

  • Ample Experience

    Attorneys must meet stringent qualifications and prove they practice in the area of law they’re verified in.
  • Good Standing

    Be in good standing with their bar associations and maintain a clean disciplinary record.
  • Annual Review

    Submit to an annual review to retain their Lead Counsel Verified status.
  • Client Commitment

    Pledge to follow the highest quality client service and ethical standards.

Where Is My Tax Refund?

The IRS now allows you to track the status of your tax refund. In some cases it may take weeks to process and post to your account. If you feel like you deserve a refund but ended up owing taxes, you should consider talking to a tax professional or attorney about whether you have any deductions available to you that you did not take advantage of.

How Do You File for a Tax Extension?

You can file a form requesting an extension through your tax professional, tax software that you use, or on the IRS website. Any filer can request an extension, but when making the request you must estimate your tax liability and pay it, otherwise you could incur late penalties.

What Taxes Do You Owe?

Determining what taxes you owe depends on your situation. Most people owe state and federal income taxes, Social Security taxes, and Medicare taxes. However, if you own a business, your company may also owe sales and payroll taxes.

How Much Tax Do You Pay if You Are Self-Employed?

If you are self-employed, either as an independent contractor or because you own your own business, you will likely need to make quarterly filings of your estimated taxes. This will account for your income, Social Security, and Medicare taxes. If your net earnings are $400 or more, you will typically need to file an income tax return. There are situations where you may have to file even if you make less than that.

Page Generated: 0.17443299293518 sec