Top Lewiston, ID Personal Injury Lawyers Near You
1212 Idaho Street, PO Drawer 698, Lewiston, ID 83501
Choose Aherin, Rice & Anegon for qualified Personal Injury representation in the Lewiston, Idaho area.
Lewiston Personal Injury Information
Lead Counsel independently verifies Personal Injury attorneys in Lewiston and checks their standing with Idaho bar associations.Our Verification Process and Criteria
- Ample Experience Attorneys must meet stringent qualifications and prove they practice in the area of law they’re verified in.
- Good Standing Be in good standing with their bar associations and maintain a clean disciplinary record.
- Annual Review Submit to an annual review to retain their Lead Counsel Verified status.
- Client Commitment Pledge to follow the highest quality client service and ethical standards.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Suffering a personal injury can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. Many times an injury or accident can leave you wondering whether or not you should file a lawsuit and what will happen if you do? This is why it is critical to have your case reviewed by an experienced Lewiston personal injury lawyer.
Different Types of Personal Injury Cases
There are so many types of injuries that fall under Personal Injury Law. Personal injury cases can range from a car accident to an injury resulting from the use of a dangerous or defective product. Whether the injury is accidental, intentional or a result from a faulty product, a personal injury lawyer will help establish fault for your injuries, determine how much your claim may be worth and discuss with you your legal options.
How an Attorney Can Help
An attorney can often resolve your particular legal issue faster and better than trying to do it alone. A lawyer can help you navigate the legal system, while avoiding costly mistakes or procedural errors. You should seek out an attorney whose practice focuses on the area of law most relevant to your issue.
Tips on Approaching an Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorney’s experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise (or lack of) in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
Points to Consider Before Hiring a Lawyer
Experience. Regardless of the type of legal matter you need help with, an experienced attorney will usually be able to get you better results.
Competence. Determine an attorney’s expertise by asking about their track record for the issue you need help with resolving.
Fit. There are plenty of good attorneys out there; make sure you find one you are comfortable working with.
Common legal terms explained
Personal jurisdiction – Requirement that a particular court have authority over a person, in order to bind that person to the judgment of the court, based on minimum contacts. International Shoe Co v. Washington is a landmark Supreme Court case outlining the scope of a state court’s reach in personal jurisdiction.