Top International Adoption Lawyers Near You
Find International Adoption Attorneys Located in Popular Cities
Find International Adoption Attorneys by State
International Adoption Attorneys
The adoption process can be complex, emotional, expensive, and prolonged. If you are seeking to adopt a child in another country, the demands of the process can change and become increasingly complicated. You may find it advisable to consult with an International Adoption attorney because this type of attorney is experienced in intercountry adoption.
Understanding and complying with international treaties and laws of foreign nations is profoundly complicated, and the very process of going through an adoption can be emotionally stressful.
An International Adoption attorney can assist you in many ways, including:
- Help you determine which country’s adoption laws and policies offer you the best chance for a successful adoption;
- Indicate the adoption quotas and limitations for the countries that interest you;
- Ensure that your adoption complies with laws protecting children from illegal abduction, sale, and sex trafficking;
- Prepare your adoption applications, additional documentation;
- Advise you on applicable emigration/immigration laws to ensure your child is permitted to live in the United States and become recognized as a citizen; and
- Assist with your selection of an international adoption agency and verify its Hague accreditation.