Top Identity Theft Lawyers Near You
Find Identity Theft Attorneys Located in Popular Cities
Find Identity Theft Attorneys by State
Why Should I Hire an Identity Theft Attorney?
If you think you may be a victim of identity theft, you should retain an identity theft attorney to help restore your stolen identity. Dealing with identity theft on your own can become overwhelming. An attorney who is specialized in consumer protection law will be able to make this difficult process less stressful for you.
Some of the ways an identity theft attorney may be able to help you include:
- Contacting uncooperative creditors, credit bureaus, or debt collectors and dealing with them directly
- Determining the appropriate legal action to take against uncooperative creditors, credit bureaus, and debt collectors
- Helping you remove fraudulent information from your credit report
- Providing their legal expertise when handling difficult identity theft issues for you
- Offering their legal background and experience to easily navigate through the confusing legal system
- Staying up to date with current consumer protection laws that may affect the outcome of your case
- Helping you protect your valuable financial information
- Helping you get your finances in order
- Explaining your legal options
What Kinds of Cases Do Identity Theft Attorneys Handle?
Some cases handled by identity theft attorneys include the following:
- Cases where someone fraudulently uses your personal information, such as your Social Security Number, credit card or bank account number for financial gain or criminal purposes
- Cases where an identity thief gets arrested or gets cited for a traffic violation, and falsely provides your name and information to the police
- Cases where an identity thief deceptively files for bankruptcy under your name
- Identity theft associated with your taxes
- Cases where an identity thief incurs debt under your name and a lawsuit is filed against you for the thief’s debt
When your identity is on the line, you should not take any risks. Identity theft is dangerous and needs to be penalized strictly. Contact an identity theft attorney in your area today.