Have You Been Denied Health Insurance Coverage?
Has your health insurance claim been denied? If so, a health insurance attorney may be able to help you. Health insurance law has greatly changed within the last few years, especially with the implementation of the affordable care act and the penalties that may be associated with it. An East Hartford health insurance lawyer can help you navigate the new law and how to handle any situation that comes up.
Denial of Health Insurance Coverage
With the passing of the affordable care act, most individuals living in the United States must purchase health insurance. It's important when signing up for new health coverage that you review your policies. If you're still denied coverage based on previous conditions, you should seek help from a health insurance attorney.
Top Questions to Ask When Hiring an Attorney
- How many years have you been practicing law? How long have you practiced law in the local area?
- How many cases similar to mine have you handled in the past?
- What is the likely outcome for my case?
In legal practice, experience matters. An experienced attorney will likely have handled issues similar to yours many, many times. Therefore, after listening to your situation, the attorney should have a reasonable idea of the time line for a case like yours and the likely resolution.
Tips on Approaching an Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorney's experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise (or lack of) in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
How to Find the Right Attorney
- Determine the area of law that relates to your issue. Attorneys specialize in specific practice areas around legal issues within the broad field of law.
- Seek out recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. A successful attorney or practice will typically have many satisfied clients.
- Set up consultation appointments to get a better understanding of your case as well as gauge your comfort level with different attorneys. Find the attorney who is the right fit for your needs.