Are You Being Harassed?
The crime of harassment is continued, unwanted or annoying acts, including demands and threats to force someone to quit a job, engage in sex, pay an overdue debt. Harassment can also include acts stemming from prejudice, personal malice, or sadistic pleasure intending to cause fear.
How to Stop Harassment
You should immediately consult with A Missoula attorney who handles harassment cases. The lawyer can determine if you have a case and assess the amount of damages for emotional distress, pain and suffering, counseling, and treatment. The attorney also can obtain a restraining order to help protect you. You may also bring criminal charges
Best Time to Seek Legal Help
No matter what your legal issue may be, it is always best to seek legal help early in the process. An attorney can help secure what is likely to be the best possible outcome for your situation and avoid both unnecessary complications or errors.
Tips on Approaching an Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorney's experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise (or lack of) in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
How to Find the Right Attorney
- Determine the area of law that relates to your issue. Attorneys specialize in specific practice areas around legal issues within the broad field of law.
- Seek out recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. A successful attorney or practice will typically have many satisfied clients.
- Set up consultation appointments to get a better understanding of your case as well as gauge your comfort level with different attorneys. Find the attorney who is the right fit for your needs.