Are You Facing Foreclosure?
If you fall behind on making your mortgage payments for several months you could be facing foreclosure. In foreclosure, the lender will force the sale of your home and may sue to recover all or some of the remaining balance.
What to Do When Facing Foreclosure
Talk to A Bismarck foreclosure attorney who may be able to negotiate with the lender on your behalf to work out terms to avoid foreclosure. If that is not an option, the attorney can determine what course of action is best in your situation and advise you on how to minimize harm to your credit rating and financial circumstances.
How an Attorney Can Help
An attorney can often resolve your particular legal issue faster and better than trying to do it alone. A lawyer can help you navigate the legal system, while avoiding costly mistakes or procedural errors. You should seek out an attorney whose practice focuses on the area of law most relevant to your issue.
Tips on Approaching an Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorney's experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise (or lack of) in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
How to Find the Right Attorney
- Determine the area of law that relates to your issue. Attorneys specialize in specific practice areas around legal issues within the broad field of law.
- Seek out recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. A successful attorney or practice will typically have many satisfied clients.
- Set up consultation appointments to get a better understanding of your case as well as gauge your comfort level with different attorneys. Find the attorney who is the right fit for your needs.