Top East Helena, MT Disability Discrimination Lawyers Near You
Disability Discrimination Lawyers | Helena Office | Serving East Helena, MT
800 North Last Chance Gulch, Suite 101, Helena, MT 59624
East Helena Disability Discrimination Information
Lead Counsel independently verifies Disability Discrimination attorneys in East Helena and checks their standing with Montana bar associations.Our Verification Process and Criteria
- Ample Experience Attorneys must meet stringent qualifications and prove they practice in the area of law they’re verified in.
- Good Standing Be in good standing with their bar associations and maintain a clean disciplinary record.
- Annual Review Submit to an annual review to retain their Lead Counsel Verified status.
- Client Commitment Pledge to follow the highest quality client service and ethical standards.
Have You Been Discriminated Against Because of a Disability?
If you have been discriminated against because of a disability, it is important to talk to an East Helena disability discrimination attorney who can help you understand and decide the merits of your case. Disability discrimination is a serious offense and a skilled attorney can help.
Disability Discrimination Overview
Disability discrimination occurs when an individual qualified under the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation Act is treated unfavorably because of their disability. Federal Law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to their employees with disabilities and the law even protects people from discrimination based upon their relationship with a disabled person. A disability discrimination attorney can inform you of the laws relevant to you.
Top Questions to Ask When Hiring an Attorney
- How many years have you been practicing law? How long have you practiced law in the local area?
- How many cases similar to mine have you handled in the past?
- What is the likely outcome for my case?
In legal practice, experience matters. An experienced attorney will likely have handled issues similar to yours many, many times. Therefore, after listening to your situation, the attorney should have a reasonable idea of the time line for a case like yours and the likely resolution.
Top Questions to Ask a Lawyer
- What is the usual process to resolve my case? How long will it take to resolve this?
- What are likely outcomes of a case like mine? What should I expect?
An experienced lawyer should be able to communicate a basic “road map” on how to proceed. The lawyer should be able to walk you through the anticipated process, key considerations, and potential pitfalls to avoid. Once you’ve laid out the facts of your situation to the lawyer, he/she should be able to frame expectations and likely scenarios to help you understand your legal issue.
How to Find the Right Attorney
- Determine the area of law that relates to your issue. Attorneys specialize in specific practice areas around legal issues within the broad field of law.
- Seek out recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. A successful attorney or practice will typically have many satisfied clients.
- Set up consultation appointments to get a better understanding of your case as well as gauge your comfort level with different attorneys. Find the attorney who is the right fit for your needs.
Common legal terms explained
Plaintiff – a person or party who brings a lawsuit against another person(s) or party/parties in a court of law. Private persons or parties can only file suit in civil court.
Judgment – A decision of the court. Also known as a decree or order. Judgments handed down by the court are usually binding on the parties before the court.