Have You Been Exposed to Asbestos?
Asbestos, a naturally occurring substance, was widely used until the 1970s. But the hazards from exposure, such as serious and life threatening health issues, including lung cancer, were not known.
Asbestos Legal Remedies
If you have been exposed to asbestos you may have a legal remedy to pay for past, current, and future medical expenses, loss of wages, pain and suffering, and perhaps to punish the party that caused your exposure. But you will need A Jacksonville attorney experienced in handling asbestos cases to negotiate a settlement or take your case to trial.
Best Time to Seek Legal Help
No matter what your legal issue may be, it is always best to seek legal help early in the process. An attorney can help secure what is likely to be the best possible outcome for your situation and avoid both unnecessary complications or errors.
Tips on Approaching an Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorney's experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise (or lack of) in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
How to Find the Right Attorney
- Determine the area of law that relates to your issue. Attorneys specialize in specific practice areas around legal issues within the broad field of law.
- Seek out recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. A successful attorney or practice will typically have many satisfied clients.
- Set up consultation appointments to get a better understanding of your case as well as gauge your comfort level with different attorneys. Find the attorney who is the right fit for your needs.