Top Killen, AL Administrative Law Lawyers Near You
Administrative Law Lawyers | Florence Office | Serving Killen, AL
201 S Court Street, Suite 725, Florence, AL 35630
Killen Administrative Law Information
Lead Counsel independently verifies Administrative Law attorneys in Killen and checks their standing with Alabama bar associations.Our Verification Process and Criteria
- Ample Experience Attorneys must meet stringent qualifications and prove they practice in the area of law they’re verified in.
- Good Standing Be in good standing with their bar associations and maintain a clean disciplinary record.
- Annual Review Submit to an annual review to retain their Lead Counsel Verified status.
- Client Commitment Pledge to follow the highest quality client service and ethical standards.
Do You Have an Administrative Law Problem?
Administrative law governs administrative government agencies, which are any city, county, state or federal governmental agency. As each agency likely has its own set of rules and regulations, an experienced Killen administrative law attorney will be able to help you maneuver through the system and help you see what your rights are.
Types of Administrative Law Cases
Administrative agencies on any level of the government can have the power to issue licenses and grant permits. Lawyers specialized in administrative law can help you if you are dealing with a dispute on a permit, such as a building permit, or a license to perform some type of work, such as a contractor’s license.
Administrative law attorneys are also able to help you make the appropriate complaints against certain agencies should your rights have been violated. This is such a large and complex area of law, and you owe it to yourself to not try and handle an administrative law issue on your own.
How an Attorney Can Help
An attorney can often resolve your particular legal issue faster and better than trying to do it alone. A lawyer can help you navigate the legal system, while avoiding costly mistakes or procedural errors. You should seek out an attorney whose practice focuses on the area of law most relevant to your issue.
The Importance of a Good Consultation
The goal of an initial consultation is to find an attorney you are comfortable working with and someone who can help you understand your options under the law. Seek to understand the relevant legal experience the attorney brings to your case. While it is not realistic to expect an attorney to resolve your legal issue during an initial consultation, you should gain a level of comfort with his/her ability to do so. A good consultation can clarify issues, raise pertinent questions and considerations for your case, and help you make an informed decision towards resolving your legal issue.
How to Find the Right Attorney
- Determine the area of law that relates to your issue. Attorneys specialize in specific practice areas around legal issues within the broad field of law.
- Seek out recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. A successful attorney or practice will typically have many satisfied clients.
- Set up consultation appointments to get a better understanding of your case as well as gauge your comfort level with different attorneys. Find the attorney who is the right fit for your needs.
Common legal terms explained
Plaintiff – a person or party who brings a lawsuit against another person(s) or party/parties in a court of law. Private persons or parties can only file suit in civil court.
Judgment – A decision of the court. Also known as a decree or order. Judgments handed down by the court are usually binding on the parties before the court.