Accutane Legal Issue
Accutane, prescribed to treat severe cases of acne, may cause inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis, and Crohns disease, which must be detected early. The drug also is associated with birth defects, and other side effects including depression, seizures, and a number of other conditions.
Do I Have an Accutane Case?
If you used Accutane for the prescribed period and experienced any issues related to Accutane use, you should immediately contact A New York lawyer who handles Accutane cases. The lawyer can tell you if you have a legitimate claim and advise you about your legal options, including suing for compensation.
Best Time to Seek Legal Help
No matter what your legal issue may be, it is always best to seek legal help early in the process. An attorney can help secure what is likely to be the best possible outcome for your situation and avoid both unnecessary complications or errors.
Tips on Approaching an Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorney's experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise (or lack of) in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
How to Find the Right Attorney
- Determine the area of law that relates to your issue. Attorneys specialize in specific practice areas around legal issues within the broad field of law.
- Seek out recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. A successful attorney or practice will typically have many satisfied clients.
- Set up consultation appointments to get a better understanding of your case as well as gauge your comfort level with different attorneys. Find the attorney who is the right fit for your needs.