Top Florence, AL Accutane Lawyers Near You
Accutane Lawyers | Florence Office
201 S Court Street, Suite 500, Florence, AL 35630
Florence Accutane Information
Lead Counsel independently verifies Accutane attorneys in Florence and checks their standing with Alabama bar associations.Our Verification Process and Criteria
- Ample Experience Attorneys must meet stringent qualifications and prove they practice in the area of law they’re verified in.
- Good Standing Be in good standing with their bar associations and maintain a clean disciplinary record.
- Annual Review Submit to an annual review to retain their Lead Counsel Verified status.
- Client Commitment Pledge to follow the highest quality client service and ethical standards.
Accutane Legal Issue
Accutane, prescribed to treat severe cases of acne, may cause inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis, and Crohns disease, which must be detected early. The drug also is associated with birth defects, and other side effects including depression, seizures, and a number of other conditions.
Do I Have an Accutane Case?
If you used Accutane for the prescribed period and experienced any issues related to Accutane use, you should immediately contact a Florence lawyer who handles Accutane cases. The lawyer can tell you if you have a legitimate claim and advise you about your legal options, including suing for compensation.
Top Questions to Ask When Hiring an Attorney
- How many years have you been practicing law? How long have you practiced law in the local area?
- How many cases similar to mine have you handled in the past?
- What is the likely outcome for my case?
In legal practice, experience matters. An experienced attorney will likely have handled issues similar to yours many, many times. Therefore, after listening to your situation, the attorney should have a reasonable idea of the time line for a case like yours and the likely resolution.
Tips on Approaching an Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorney’s experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise (or lack of) in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
Points to Consider Before Hiring a Lawyer
Experience. Regardless of the type of legal matter you need help with, an experienced attorney will usually be able to get you better results.
Competence. Determine an attorney’s expertise by asking about their track record for the issue you need help with resolving.
Fit. There are plenty of good attorneys out there; make sure you find one you are comfortable working with.
Common legal terms explained
Personal jurisdiction – Requirement that a particular court have authority over a person, in order to bind that person to the judgment of the court, based on minimum contacts. International Shoe Co v. Washington is a landmark Supreme Court case outlining the scope of a state court’s reach in personal jurisdiction.