Skip to main content

Visiting The US For Business Or Vacation B-1B-2 Visas

Full Video Transcript

Visiting the United States temporarily? If you’re planning to visit the U.S. temporarily you may be required to obtain either a B-1 or B-2 visa. The B-1 program is for business visitors, while the B-2 program is generally reserved for travel and tourism. Applicants must generally prove that they can cover their expenses while on their trip to the U.S., and that they have sufficient ties abroad, including a residence outside the U.S., to ensure that they’ll return home at the end of their visit. Once a B-1 or B-2 visa is obtained, visitors may be authorized to stay in the U.S. for up to one year initially, with the possibility of extensions of additional six-month increments.

Was this helpful?

Additional Immigration Videos

Immigration Sub-categories