Lawyers are ready to help during these stressful times. Schedule your consultation >

Non-Immigrant Investor Visas

Full Video Transcript

Nonimmigrant investor visas are also known as visas for treaty traders (the E-1 visa) and treaty investors (the E-2 visa). These visas are for nationals from countries with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation and who come to the United States to carry on substantial trade. This can include trade in services or technology, principally between the U.S. and the treaty country, or to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the national has invested or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital. While these visas do not directly lead to permanent residency, they do allow the treaty trader or investor to live and work inside the United States and bring their spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 with them. The treaty trader or investor generally may receive their visa for a period of two to five years, and they are able to renew it so long as the business venture is still in existence and meets business sustainability standards. Receiving any visa through an investment is a complicated process and should be handled by a skilled immigration attorney.

Search LawInfo's Non-Immigrant Investor Visa Resources