Skip to main content

Green Card By Marriage

Full Video Transcript

It is possible for a foreign national living in the obtain a green card by marrying a U.S. citizen. The green card allows the person to live and work in the U.S. as long as they remain married to the U.S. citizen. There is a legal review process involved where the government inquires into the relationship to ensure that is not simply a facade to help one person avoid being deported. It is wise to obtain legal counsel familiar with U.S. immigration laws before attempting to avoid deportation by obtaining a green card by marriage. For more information about how to get a green card for your fiancé, contact in immigration attorney in your area today.

Was this helpful?