Skip to main content

The L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa

Full Video Transcript

The L-1 nonimmigrant classification enables a U.S. employer under certain circumstances to transfer an executive or employee to its office in the United States. It also allows a foreign company which does not yet have a U.S. office to send an executive or employee to the United State for the purpose of establishing one. The L-1 visa has two subcategories: L-1A for executives and managers, and L-1B for workers with specialized knowledge. Spouses and children under 21 years of age of L-1 visa holder are allowed to accompany the visa holder and will receive the L-2 non-immigrant classification. Spouses may work, without restriction, in the US, but to do so they will need to apply for work authorization and pay the applicable filing fee. For more information, contact an experienced Immigration Attorney.

Was this helpful?

Additional Non-Immigrant Employment Visa Videos

Non-Immigrant Employment Visa Sub-categories