Skip to main content

L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa

Full Video Transcript

The L-1 nonimmigrant classification enables a non-U.S. employer under certain circumstances to transfer an executive or employees to its office in the United States. It also allows a foreign company which is not yet have the U.S. office to send an executive or employees to the United states for the purpose of establishing one. The L-1 visa has to subcategories L-1A for executives and managers, and the L-1B for workers with specialized knowledge. Spouses and children under twenty one years of age of L-1 visa holders are allowed to accompany the visa holder and will receive L-2 nonimmigrant classification. Spouses may work in the U.S. but to do so they will need to apply for work authorization and pay the applicable filing fee. For more information, contact an experienced immigration attorney.

Was this helpful?

Additional Non-Immigrant Employment Visa Videos

Non-Immigrant Employment Visa Sub-categories