How To File an Employment Discrimination Claim

Full Video Transcript

Do you believe you’re the victim of employment discrimination? If you think your civil rights have been violated, you may file a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the EEOC. The following information must be provided in a charge of employment discrimination: your name, address, and telephone number; the name, address and telephone number of your employer, employment agency or union you believe has discriminated against you, and the number of employees or union members if known. Also include a short description of the event that caused you to believe your civil rights have been violated. If you’re a victim of discrimination due to your race, sex, age, religion, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation, you should contact a civil rights lawyer right away. An attorney will not only be able to assist you with filing a charge with the EEOC but will also be able to explain the law to you and help determine the full range of legal options that may be available.

Additional Employment Discrimination Videos

Employment Discrimination Sub-categories