Lawyers are ready to help during these stressful times. Schedule your consultation >


Full Video Transcript

In conciliation court, also known as small claims court, may recommend conciliation when two parties are in dispute. This means the two opposing parties reach a compromise so their case does not need to go to trial. Claims by creditors for unpaid debts, claims by employees for unpaid wages, claims by tenants for return of a security deposit, claims by landlords for damage to property, and claims on ownership or possession of personal property of less than 10 thousand dollars are all common examples of cases heard in conciliation court.

Search LawInfo's Conciliation Resources