Skip to main content

Workers' Compensation Law

Search for an Attorney  

My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If your employer or their insurance carrier has denied your claim, you can contact the Nebraska Workers` Compensation Court by calling or writing to the address or number listed below. A public information specialist will discuss the situation with the employee and refer him or her for further assistance when it is appropriate.

Any person involved in a workers` compensation claim may request informal dispute resolution to help settle an issue or an entire case without the need for a formal hearing. Neutral third party mediators can help people resolve their disputes and reach agreements.

A petition must be filed within two years of the date of the accident or the date of last payment of compensation (either medical or indemnity payments) made, or the claim for compensation may be barred by the Statute of Limitations.

Nebraska Workers` Compensation
Court Mediation Coordinator
P.O. Box 98908
Lincoln NE 68509­8908
800­599­5155 (toll free in Nebraska)
402­471­6468 (for Lincoln and out­of­state callers)

Was this helpful?