My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

Before filing a claim, the parties to a workers compensation dispute should try to resolve the conflict. Department of Workers' Claims (DWC) encourages conflict resolution through voluntary mediation.

Lines of communication among the employee, employer, and insurance carrier should remain open at all times before and after an injury. This will facilitate the resolution of any claim disagreements and will help assure prompt return to work.

Ombudsman and Workers Compensation Specialists assist citizens in workers compensation matters by answering questions and attempting to resolve conflicts. Although most requests for assistance are made by workers, DWC specialist and ombudsman services are equally available to employers, medical providers, and insurance carriers. The Division can be contacted at the following address and number.

1270 Louisville Rd.,
Perimeter Park West, Building C,
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: (800) ­554-­8601

Speak to an Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers’ compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Workers' Compensation attorney today.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources