Skip to main content

Workers' Compensation Law

Search for an Attorney  

If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?

Your employer has the right to have you seen by a doctor of their choice one time. If you return to that physician a second time, that physician becomes the attending physician. After the one visit to the employer`s designated physician, you may report to a physician of your choice. Once an attending physician is selected, there are three ways to change doctors: the attending physician refers the injured worker to another doctor; the insurance carrier approves a change of doctors; or upon written application from the injured worker the Industrial Commission of Arizona approves a change of doctors. The insurance carrier reserves the right to have an injured worker periodically examined by the doctor of its choice. Failure to submit to this examination may result in a suspension or termination of your benefits.

Was this helpful?